Preparing your car for a road trip: automotive air conditioning services
Road trips are exciting, adventurous and entertaining! However, the fun can very quickly disappear if your car starts experiencing problems halfway through your journey. Nothing is worse than having your auto air conditioning system malfunction on a hot summers day or having your engine oil light flashing simply because it needs a clean or a repair!
This is why it is important to ensure your car is checked and serviced by a mechanic to secure it is in a reasonable condition and won’t break down on the road. Many people usually don’t have the time to do so. If this is the case for you, we have put together some quick steps you can take before you hit the road!
Checking all the vehicle fluids is an important step to take before driving off. We recommend parking the car and waiting for a couple of minutes after the engine has been switched off, in order for the readings to show up correctly.
- Transmission fluid
- Brake fluid
- Power steering fluid
- Engine oil
- Windscreen wiper fluid
Once you have checked them all, ensure they are all topped up to an appropriate level to avoid any hazardous situations.
Ensure your engine cooling system is well looked after! Driving with low coolant can be very dangerous, causing your car to overheat. This could, in turn, lead the car to be severely damaged, requiring costly repairs.
If the temperature gauge on your car is slowly creeping up, it is best to note that you should take action. If you are placed in a situation where your car is overheating but you are stuck in traffic, we recommend turning the car heater on with windows down to help remove heat from the engine. You should also try and pull over as soon as you can to try and allow the engine to cool down.
Checking your coolant can be done in a couple of simple steps.
- Check out the engine coolant level in the overflow tank. This should be between the low and full marks. If the coolant level is low, ensure the engine has cooled down before topping up the coolant.
- If the coolant level is extremely low, it is best recommended to visit a mechanic so they can inspect the issue before you head out.
Some other conditions you should check before going on your road trip:
- Ensure the wiper blades are working well, and if they need replacing.
- Check your car types air pressure and remember to make sure you always have a spare tyre.
- Lights, signals and horns need to also be checked. Make sure that you replace the globes.
Before heading out, ensuring your auto air conditioning system is working is a must. Nothing is worse than going on a summer road trip with a faulty auto air conditioning system:
- If you realise your auto air conditioning system is taking longer to demist, it may be due to a blocked tube, hose or damaged evaporator. If this is the case for your auto air conditioning system, it is recommended to get it checked before going on your road trip!
- Does your airflow seem weaker? This could mean that the air is struggling to reach your air vents. An auto air conditioning system repair may be needed if this is the case.
- If you’re hearing rattling or other strange noises coming out of your auto air conditioning system, there may be a broken fan belt/condenser or debris in the fan. It is important to get your car checked out at an air conditioning repair near you!
- Is there an unpleasant odour coming from your auto air conditioning system? This could mean your cabin’s filter is worn. You may need to have it cleaned or even replaced to prevent long-term damage to the system.
If you have experienced any of these signals within your auto air conditioning system prior to leaving for your road trip, it is important to get them checked out so that you aren’t melting away whilst being on the road.
In addition, before you leave on your road trip, you should also make sure you have an emergency roadside kit which includes:
- Non-perishable food
- Jumper cables
- First aid kit
- Basic tool kit
- Funnel for topping up fluids
Going on a road trip isn’t as simple as packing your bags and leaving. It is important that you are well prepared a week before you leave, giving you ample time to get issues fixed before you hit the road. You don’t want your getaway weekend turning into a disaster because your auto air conditioning system stopped working.
Are you searching for an ‘auto air conditioning repair near me?’ Electroworx can assist and service your car’s air conditioning system!
Lucky for you, Electroworx has emergency auto services available 24/7. Our team always acts quickly and ensures efficient turnaround to ensure all electrical work is done in time, helping you get by the rest of your day.
To make a booking, call us on 1300 824 692 or fill our enquiry form here.
THE ELECTROWORX DIFFERENCE
24/7 Rapid Response
With emergency auto service available 24/7, the team at Electroworx always acts swiftly. For all other services, we have efficient turnaround times to ensure all electrical work is done in time and you are not out of action for longer than you should be.
Honest Upfront Pricing
We pride ourselves on providing competitive rates for the highest quality of auto electrical services. We understand that the nature of the work, especially for unforeseen emergencies can incur a hefty price, so we aim to offer the most cost-effective solutions.
At Electroworx, the greatest level of service is uncompromisable. From the moment you engage with us to the after-care queries, we believe in assisting, tending to the electrical issue and the overall outcome being nothing short of perfect.